Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Molly's wrinkled blue dress

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MarianneR's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Today I received Molly's Rt 66 blue (linen?) dress. (Thanks to The Code :-)
    But, it had slid to bottom of box and is really wrinkled. (Not like Marisol's ballet skirt, which I understand the purposeful wrinkles: this just looks really shabby, like Molly left it in a heap on her floor overnight!) I never iron & don't own a steamer > is it worth requesting another one, or should I expect the same situation? Any suggestions for making it seem like new? (which is SHOULD anyway for the price!) I just don't want to hassle with AG if they always come delivered like this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. (This Board is my sanity!)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine came like that too! it is really wrinkled!! I'm scared to iron it!!! So going to call AG CS, see what they say.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member vew-tori's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,258
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just pressed our this week. Molly and DD were going out to dinner with me and a group of my friends. DD chose that outfit and it was wrinkled. Since I iron almost every morning DD thought nothing of bringing the dress to me for a quick press. It came out great! I do like the idea of the shower though.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lynet44's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mine came like that too. I put it on Tess and after a couple days, it looked much better all by itself. It looks fine now and I didn't do anything to it except have Tess wear it.

    Lynet

  5. #5
    Inactive Member DiannaChristine's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 30th, 2002
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have pressed Molly's Route 66 too and have had no problems with it. Linen wrinkles easily, so I would not be surprised with dresses arriving wrinkled. I think it has more to do with the texture of the fabric than the craftmanship of the dress.

  6. #6
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    I ironed mine and it looks woderful now! It is one of my favorites on Molly, she wears it all the time!

  7. #7
    Jane Hart
    Guest Jane Hart's Avatar

    Post

    Forgot to add...
    I put the iron on medium (some irons will say how hot to put it for linen) and then sprayed a little water on the wrinkled area and "steamed" it out more or less.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ours came like that, too. What a mess! I let it hang in the shower for a few days (not while we were actually showering...lol!) and it finally looked a little better. But dd has never really liked it because it always looks a little wrinkled no matter how many times I try to flatten it out. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    We got ours last summer and it arrived crisp and clean with no wrinkles. I think if it bothers you that much, I would call them. Otherwise, after you put it on your Molly, the wrinkles will probably work themselves out.

    Kim

  10. #10
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    I have Molly's blue dress and mine also arrived wrinkled. But I had no problem ironing out the wrinkles by spraying the dress with a little water and ironing it using medium heat. It's linen so it does wrinkle easily. It looks so nice on Molly too.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •